Skip to main content

Don't Go Back





Hey, Bighead 👋

How many times have you been minding your business and then, out of nowhere, something from your past decides to show up? You've been doing great! You have a new job! You maybe even have a new car!  And, most importantly, you are enjoying your relationship with God and the season that you're in! Life is Gucci! Then bam! Here comes the one thing that used to trip you up and take you off course.

Maybe you were caught up in a toxic relationship, but you found the courage to walk away. Are you feeling lonely and tempted to go back because that's all you've ever known? It could be an old habit or addiction that you couldn't "function" without, but you found the strength to break it. Do you get an itch every now and then to go back and get that instant high? Or it could be an old way of thinking that you once operated in, but you learned to trade those thoughts for better ones. Do you find yourself still allowing negativity to cloud your mind?

The enemy hates to see you doing good! He doesn't want you making progress in any area of your life. He comes to steal, kill, and destroy! He wants to use your former vices to lure you away from God and the abundant life that you can live in Him. He watches us and waits for the moments when we are most vulnerable. It's like the ex that will text, "Hey, Bighead" after you post a cute selfie. You looking good! You doing good! You good good! And they want that old thing back. Maybe they didn't know how good they had it. They miss you and now they want to shoot their shot! Unfortunately, just like last time, they are still no good for you! But, if you aren't paying attention to what's really going on, you will find yourself reminiscing on the "good times" that really weren't good at all. Before you know it, you are caught up...AGAIN!

The good news is that you have a choice. You can either go back to your ex or you can live your life with the new thing that God has for you. One of the hardest things to do is change. It's even harder to maintain the change. But nothing is harder than avoiding change and facing the reality of an unhappy, unfulfilled life. Go forward. Don't turn back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become The Wife That He Prays To Find

Lately, it's been popular among some single women to pray for a Russell Wilson or ask Ciara what she prayed to get him. If you go to Instagram and type in #Ciara, you'll likely find of picture of her and her new husband Russell Wilson. And yes, he will likely be holding one of their children. (One of which she had with her ex Future, for those who don't know the backstory.) We all cheered for her as she went from being publicly ridiculed after a nasty breakup from a seemingly toxic rapper to then being treated like ole girl at the end of Coming To America by a Jesus following NFL star. (Geesh) We all wanted some of that answered prayer! I know I did! But I've grown enough to know to be praying and asking God to make me the woman that attracts and keeps a good man like that. (Of course, we don't know him personally, but I hope you know their story enough to know why I'm referencing him.) Even in a season of marriage, that time shouldn't be spent looki

A Bumpy Start

  As I embark on my journey of a fresher face, I realize that it will come with some critics. My biggest one would have to be none other than myself. Every single time I wash my face, I see a contestant on America's Got Blemishes. See what I did there? Lol. Anyway, I really can't remember what my skin used to look like and I REFUSE to pull those pictures back out! I've started out with the basic water and towel regime which never fails when it comes to feeling less disgusting at the end of the day. But with make-up comes a new kind of "end of the day" dirt. The kind of dirt that keeps Palmolive, Tide, and Zest in business. Especially, when you can't wash your face until the very end of the day. My poor pores got about as much air as a resident of Bikini Bottom. As I continued to follow my gut regarding which face soaps to use, I never really remained consistent long enough to get real results. I had always been a microwave type of person(fast results)

Maybe...

Day 1: The 1st Text Him: Good morning, beautiful Her: Awwwww. (lovey dovey emoji face) Thank you! Yes, it is a good morning! Him: What ya got planned for today? Her: Going to work then going to hang with my girls for a evening session of chats. Lol. Later that day, after he didn't respond to your last text: Her: Hey, you. Just got off of work. They whipped my butt today. Lol. What are you up to? Him(almost immediately because he never was busy): Nothing much. About to link up with some of my guys for a bit. Might hit up a party or two later on. What are you on for the night? (At this point, already, you start to question whether or not he's even genuinely interested in you because he didn't pay attention to your text from earlier. But you ignore your instincts and proceed texting) Her: I was going to hang with some of my girls tonight. Him: That's what's up? What time are you doing that? Her: In a couple of hours or so. I won't be over there that long, though.