Skip to main content

Single, Saved, and well...you know.




"...more baby showers than weddings!"-Kevon Stage

*Long sigh*

Now, at first glance, this looks like a hot mess. At second glance, I look at it and agree that this topic needs to be discussed more in church. Especially, for those who are just starting out in their walk. For the most part, as singles, we know what we aren't supposed to be doing. And we SHOULDN'T be doing those things, especially if we call ourselves followers of Christ. Sex before marriage is not God's way. However, the desire for sex doesn't just vanish into thin air. Even when you don't put yourself in those situations, it seems like most things are sexually charged and right in your face these days. They made a cat food commercial sexual, for crying out loud!



Anyway, the young lady may have the right motive and wrong method or vice versa. I'm not sure. Hopefully, she's sending out the right message. (I would have left the word horny out, but that's just me) But the fact that she was shut down for wanting to talk about it makes me wonder why this topic seems shied away from in church. The world talks about sex so openly to the point that, because it's them talking about it, it can feel wrong to do or say if you are saved. *Disclaimer: And AGAIN, people of God, we should not have sex before marriage. I feel like I have to keep stressing that so no one misreads this* I'm just stating all of this in general, guys, so please don't pop me.



This just seems like a topic that needs to be addressed more in detail, other than a dismissive "You shouldn't be thinking about that." response or something. People need to know that they can be honest with God and with themselves about how they feel. People need to know that the Holy Spirit is there to help with this. Yep, even this. People need to know sex isn't "bad", it just needs to be done the right way. People need to know, not just the why's, but the how's. You know? Who knows? Maybe we'll start have more weddings than baby showers. *Kanye shrug*
Thoughts?
#KevonStage #Single #LetsTalk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become The Wife That He Prays To Find

Lately, it's been popular among some single women to pray for a Russell Wilson or ask Ciara what she prayed to get him. If you go to Instagram and type in #Ciara, you'll likely find of picture of her and her new husband Russell Wilson. And yes, he will likely be holding one of their children. (One of which she had with her ex Future, for those who don't know the backstory.) We all cheered for her as she went from being publicly ridiculed after a nasty breakup from a seemingly toxic rapper to then being treated like ole girl at the end of Coming To America by a Jesus following NFL star. (Geesh) We all wanted some of that answered prayer! I know I did! But I've grown enough to know to be praying and asking God to make me the woman that attracts and keeps a good man like that. (Of course, we don't know him personally, but I hope you know their story enough to know why I'm referencing him.) Even in a season of marriage, that time shouldn't be spent looki

A Bumpy Start

  As I embark on my journey of a fresher face, I realize that it will come with some critics. My biggest one would have to be none other than myself. Every single time I wash my face, I see a contestant on America's Got Blemishes. See what I did there? Lol. Anyway, I really can't remember what my skin used to look like and I REFUSE to pull those pictures back out! I've started out with the basic water and towel regime which never fails when it comes to feeling less disgusting at the end of the day. But with make-up comes a new kind of "end of the day" dirt. The kind of dirt that keeps Palmolive, Tide, and Zest in business. Especially, when you can't wash your face until the very end of the day. My poor pores got about as much air as a resident of Bikini Bottom. As I continued to follow my gut regarding which face soaps to use, I never really remained consistent long enough to get real results. I had always been a microwave type of person(fast results)

Maybe...

Day 1: The 1st Text Him: Good morning, beautiful Her: Awwwww. (lovey dovey emoji face) Thank you! Yes, it is a good morning! Him: What ya got planned for today? Her: Going to work then going to hang with my girls for a evening session of chats. Lol. Later that day, after he didn't respond to your last text: Her: Hey, you. Just got off of work. They whipped my butt today. Lol. What are you up to? Him(almost immediately because he never was busy): Nothing much. About to link up with some of my guys for a bit. Might hit up a party or two later on. What are you on for the night? (At this point, already, you start to question whether or not he's even genuinely interested in you because he didn't pay attention to your text from earlier. But you ignore your instincts and proceed texting) Her: I was going to hang with some of my girls tonight. Him: That's what's up? What time are you doing that? Her: In a couple of hours or so. I won't be over there that long, though.